8.25.2015

Geez, doesn't anyone read my blog?

As I write the first entry in my blog my house is filled with a light fragrance of applewood and oak smoke with just a hint of vanilla from the Jack Daniels whiskey barrel wood chips that lie under the pork belly smoking its way into baconhood in an aluminum foil cocoon inside my oven - all of which I will get to in greater detail in another post. But for now, as I wait the six hours for my belly to become bacon, I want to write a post about this blog.

I doubt many people will read the words I write. If they do, great. The reason I want to write this blog is to chronicle some of my successes (and a few of my failures) as a father, husband, minister, and beginner homesteader. If you know me very well, you know I tend to forget a lot of things. I hope that I stick with this blog so that some day I can go back and read it and say, "Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the time the pig ate our garage!" (true story)

I've been extremely blessed to have a beautiful wife who supports my crazy desire to become a small scale farmer and an amazing two year old who seems to get a kick out of it as well. Though I don't say it nearly enough, I'm truly grateful.

3 comments:

  1. I remember when your pig ate your garage... because you told me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start a website something like;
    Home grown,home raised,home made,organic fish farming
    Hhhof
    Tony

    ReplyDelete